Job Description: Social Worker
Sterling House is seeking a Social Worker to support the growth and services of our Resource Connection Program. Our candidate is a mission-driven and highly motivated individual with the ability to counsel and refer clients needing assistance to empower them to be more self-sufficient. We are seeking both a compassionate and creative individual who can support additional program and service development for our clients, while contributing to the greater mission and services provided through Sterling House Community Center.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Sterling House clients; provide support, advocacy, assessment and intervention.
- Research and access resources in the community to meet varied client’s needs.
- Provide social work-based support to other Sterling House departments; such as camp, preschool and other services for youth and families.
- Counsel individuals and make referrals when necessary.
- Support operations of Food Pantry; including but not limited to serving clients, stocking shelves, picking up food donations and unloading food deliveries.
- Support all Resource Connection initiatives; Thanksgiving Drive, Holiday Toy Drive, Back-To-School Supplies while creating new avenues and initiatives to increase our service to the community.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other agencies, community organizations and other resources in the Greater Bridgeport community.
- Support positive promotion and communication of both The Resource Connection and Sterling House Community Center.
- Support Resource Coordinator to ensure all reports are completed.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and other department/community meetings when necessary.
- Starting at 20-25 hours per week with room for growth.
- Must be available Monday – Thursday between the hours of 11-4 with some evening and weekend work.
- BSW required, MSW preferred
- Experience working with diverse populations providing basic needs resources and counseling
- Experience creating and implementing service programs
- Excellent communication skills, team player and mission driven.
- Service-oriented individual passionate about working in a community center environment.
- Ability to lift at approximately 30 pounds of food/supplies.
- Bilingual preferred.
E-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
PART TIME VAN DRIVER
For Sterling House afterschool program
Must have valid Conn. Driver’s License with the Public Service Driver Endorsement
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, 2:30-3:30 pm
Pay rate: $25/hour
Please send resume to Bill O’Brien at email@example.com or call 203-378-2606 for more information.
SUMMER CAMP COUNSELORS
Please visit our Summer Camp page for job description and the 2017 Sumer Camp employment packet. http://www.sterlinghousecc.org/summer-youth-programs/